Cards Against Humanity presents Tabletop Design Deathmatch — win a first run printing of your homebrew game
Cards Against Humanity, America’s favorite “party game for horrible people,” and a bunch of other sponsors, bring you the Gen Con 2013 Tabletop Design Deathmatch. Win $7,500 towards a first-run printing of your game; plus, 15 finalists will demo their game at Gen Con 2013 in Indianapolis in August.
From the web site:
Here’s what we’re looking for.
1. Board games, card games, RPGs or games with physical components.
2. Games by first-time or unpublished game designers. If you’re already accomplished, we’d rather have you as a judge!
3. A prototype or playable demo. You can enter the contest without a prototype prepared, but you should have something to show us at GenCon.
4. Games that are practical and relatively inexpensive to produce.
5. Games that are simple to understand and play. If your game is complicated, that’s okay, but it better be worth it!
6. Bonus points if you’re already offering your game for free as a print-and-play project.
Get the rest of the details here. I wish my game were going to be ready in time, but no chance. Maybe next time!