How to Submit
- Gamer jargon not yet listed on the site, or variations on listed jargon. Jargon specific to your local group or to a specific game may be accepted if it is clever and resonant enough – but be sure to tell us it’s a local thing. You can send just a suggestion, or a complete lexicon entry, including an addendum.
- Addenda for entries that do not currently have them.
- Feedback about current entries – corrections, additions, and constructive opinions. If you think you know the origin of a term, or the history of a term, let us know.
- Entries about specific game titles. Please only send these if you know the publisher, dates of publication, and are familiar with the publishing history. Also, please only send entries on games you have actually played.
- Entries about specific publishers, gaming conventions, magazines, etc. Please, don’t bother unless you have some background data.
- Entries about famous or popular individuals in the gaming community. We’re going to shy away from listing any negative depictions – unless, of course, we don’t like the person either.
- A cool gamer term you just made up. Hey, if it’s clever and resonant, we’ll publish it. Just tell us you made it up.
Here’s what we DON’T want:
- Anything cribbed directly from a copyrighted source, such as a published game book, dictionary, etc.
- Anything cribbed directly from another web page. Send us the URL instead.
- Press releases from game companies. This site is by gamers, for gamers. If you want to leak something to us, go find a gamer in the QA department and have him or her e-mail it to us.
- Invitations to join a web ring. Web rings are stupid.
- Flames. If you have a constructive criticism, by all means, send it. If we made a mistake, tell us. If you disagree with the editorial slant of an entry, send us an alternate entry – maybe we’ll publish it. But if you send us flames, we will find you and kill you. Oh, we can do it. Yessss.
- Prank entries. Unless it’s clearly a prank entry. Or really funny.
- Correspondence from persons critical of gaming in general and RPGs in particular, especially if your concern is that such games are Satanic. Your belief in a global satanic conspiracy is indicative of mental illness, and you can find help here.
The authors of this site do not intend to infringe upon the rights of any copyright holder. Any use of copyrighted or copyrightable materials on this site is covered under principles of Fair Use. All original content on this site is the property of its authors. The publishing of material on this site is not intended to imply relinquishment of copyright by the authors. Material on this site may be quoted under principles of Fair Use. The contents of this web site may not be reproduced for profit, either in whole or in part.
The opinions expressed on this site are those of the author of the lexicon entry in which the opinion is expressed, and are not to be construed as the opinions of anyone else, such as the service provider, a specific game publisher, or anyone who links to this site. The webmaster will not knowingly publish material that is specifically racist, sexist, anti-Semitic, homophobic. Some opinions may be expressed that poke fun at groups like Wiccans, SCAers and faire geeks, furries, and libertarians. However, members of such groups have the comments section in which to defend themselves.
All correspondence and submissions sent to us immediately become the sole property of the webmaster, forever. Although the webmaster fully intends to respect the copyright of authors of original material, and may respect the wishes of authors regarding their material, such authors have given up all control of their material to the webmaster. What this means is, if you want to remove or append any material you submitted to this site, I fully intend to honor your wishes – BUT I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO. If you submit material, I am under no obligation to publish it. If you submit material, and I publish similar material under another byline, I will happily add your name to the byline — – BUT I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO. If you submit material, and I make changes to it, and you want your name removed from the byline, I will happily do so — BUT I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO.
In other words, I plan to respect everyone, support the doctrine of Fair Use, and make this a pleasant experience for everyone who submits. BUT I AM UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO DO SO!
If you are willing to adhere to all of the above, and would like to make a submission, please use the following contact form — or just email us: [email protected].